Saturday, February 13, 2010

SNOW DAY!

For the second time this winter, we have been "blessed" with snow. Now, I am pretty sure everyone knows my feelings about snow. I do NOT care for it! I am cold all the time with out it so why would I want to go out in it? But, that being said, I did have fun playing in it this year with my kiddos from school and with Shea and Mattie. I think they said that we have not had this much snow in over 30 years. Crazy!

What is new at the Burks house these days? Well, Shea is obsessed as ever with Pirates and Star Wars. I even had a friend from school help me redecorate Shea's room with a pirate theme. It turned out pretty cool if I do say so myself. He has grown up so much and I cannot believe he will be in Kindergarten next year. I think he is excited about coming to my school. He is still mommy's little guy. The other day, he "gave" me one of his prized star wars toys as a gift. This morning, he told me not to listen to daddy - only him. Uh-oh!

Mattie is becoming a little lady and has quite a little sense of humor. She makes the funniest faces and is getting really good at giving us "the eye." She has become a little parrot, copying everything we say and do. We cannot keep the girl fed. She is constatly bringing us things from the cabinet, handing it to us, and giving us cute little puppy dog eyes while signing "please". How can you resist that? She is quite a little climber too. She learned how to push out the kitchen chairs over to the counter, then climb on the chair to get to the jar where the marshmallows are kept (her favorite). The jar had to be moved! Apparently she figured how to get out of the crib last night seeing as she wasn't in it when we went in to get her this morning. TROUBLE!! For such a little thing she has BIG personality.


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Snow Days
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments:

background